Saturday, October 19, 2013

Playing Catch-up: July Week 4 (21-27)

At the beginning of this week we had a really nice, short visit from The Parents.  They brought us up some of my favorite family furniture that was moving on to kids as they moved out of their home.  They brought us the dining table that I remember them having ever since I was kid.  They were getting a new one for their new house and wanted to keep this one in the family, so we snatched it right up.  It's a full 10 chair solid wood dining table and I love it!! So lucky to have it!

We also got my Great-Grandma's dresser which I had in my bedroom when I was growing up.  And now it's Audree's for her bedroom while she grows up.  It's a beautiful piece that I know we will cherish.  One of these days, my mom and I will have to get together to refinish it.  What a treasure.





 07.22.2013
Sidewalk Painting.  I try and find a lot of things to keep the kids occupied during our time at home. This is one of their favorites.  Just some simple sidewalk paint (made with cornstarch and water).  When it dries it looks like chalk.  This time around this sidewalk pain turned into Audree's body paint.  Silly girl always makin' a mess!

 07.22.2013
Another entertaining activity we found for Josh was this dry erase board.  He drew, erased, and drew over and over again for a good 30 minutes. 

07.23.2013
One of Audree's newest things that she does around the house is singing.  I love hearing her little voice make up some melodies.  :)

07.24.2013
We've been getting lots of outings in before Jake leaves us for a couple months.  Today's visit was a quick trip to the zoo.  Not sure who is going to miss each other more, daddy or the kids.  Sure love all of them to the moon and back and more.  

07.24.2013
I LOVE this picture of my sweet little babies.  They sure are two best little buddies. 


07.25.2013
We tried out a new slide park this morning and these kids really enjoyed it.  They especially loved that they could both go down this really long slide.  They did this over and over.  


07.25.2013
Kids and their daddy tickle time.  LOVE IT!

 Audree is starting all sorts of new talking and words.  This is currently one of our favorite things she says. 

07.26.2013
Homemade fudgecicles! YUM! This recipe might need a little tweaking, but it's a good start.

 07.26.2013
Jake's travel day today.  Not envious of him right now, but so proud and grateful for a hubby that works so hard for his family.  950 miles down, 1240 to go. 


 07.27.2013
Face painting at Iona Days.  These kids were thrilled about it! (NOT!)







07.27.2013
Barrel Tractor Train at Iona Days with Janell.  These kids really loved it!! We went over and over again!  






No comments:

Post a Comment