Monday, April 18, 2011

steady sewing: girls twirl skirts and matching flower bows

Last month there was a combined baby shower for two ladies in my ward.  I took this opportunity to get better at my sewing skills and decided i would try to make some skirts.  As I was making the skirts I noticed there was some extra fabric so I thought why not make a matching flower head band.  Here's how one of them turned out:

















While at the baby shower, a friend in the ward asked me if I would make some for her two daughters for Easter.  I figured what a great opportunity to brush up on those sewing skills and help out a friend while doing it.  So, after going to the fabric store with her to pick out what we were doing, this is how they turned out.  Pretty darn cute I think!!

















I used this tutorial as a start for the skirts and tweaked them a little bit for my liking.  I also found the tutorial for the flowers here.

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with them!! Can't wait to pick them up tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Chels those are amazing! I want some for my girls! :) How much do you charge?

    ReplyDelete