Friday, September 24, 2010

Songs you listen to when you are Happy, Sad, Bored, Hyped, Mad

I used to listen to music a lot.  But I've noticed ever since I got married (meaning ever since I wasn't alone in my car to sing along with my iPod) I don't listen to music as much.  I'll listen to whatever is on the radio at the time I'm driving, but I don't make as much of an effort to have an iPod with me all the time.  I have actually found it to be nice.  It reminds me of talks that I have heard at General Conferences about making our lives less "loud/cluttered", or in essence more peaceful and quiet.  I remember once after a long time of not using my iPod, I was on Trax on the way to work (40 min commute both ways) and I tried listening.  I couldn't stand anymore than 5 minutes because it was too much noise.  I've gotten so used to a quiet life that it's hard to go back to having so much going on. 

Well, if you can't already tell I have a passion for music and I think wholesome and uplifting music can be very pleasant to listen to.  Now, when I say that I'm not always referring to EFY, Christian, Gospel  based music because there is a lot of music out there that can be interesting and nice, but doesn't have to be strictly focused on Christian topics. 

When I lived in Utah this past year, I was riding with my dad in the car and I noticed that he had the Classical Music station on.  We got into a conversation about how he has tried listening to this station more to stay away from a lot of the other worldly stations.  He had noticed a change in his mood and his behavior in just a short few days of listening.  I tried it and I noticed it too.  Classical music I think is incredible and very pleasing to listen to.  It's amazing how talented some of those people were and the outstanding pieces that they created. 
 
So because I don't listen to music all that often anymore just because I really don't have the time or the place to just play it all the time, I couldn't really say what songs I would listen to in certain moods. But if I really had to think of some songs/artists that I would listen to when I'm in these moods, here is my list:

Happy: Cary Judd, Mae, or some LDS music
Sad: Hymns (I'm not really sad a lot, but hymns comfort me when I'm sad)
Bored: old music from my middle/high school days.  They bring back a lot of memories and I think it's funny
Hyped: Music that I've danced to (mostly from dance performances in high school or college)
Mad: I don't get mad all that often either.  And probably the last thing I would do is blare some music because it would just be loud and annoying and would bug me even more

No comments:

Post a Comment