Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about your family










Well these are the two most recent pictures of our family, besides the ones from Jake's White Coat Ceremony on Saturday.  Those ones aren't on my computer. 

1. Before Jake and I got married, I never thought we would be here...


Congratulations Jake!  So proud of you!!!

2. I would rather do 1 hour of yoga than run for 10 minutes.   If anyone knows me, they know I HATE running.  I love stretching and everything about yoga.  I love that it's a cardio workout, stretching and mind-clearer all in one.  Running would be on the contrary.  I would be out of breath and hurting. 

3. Jake and I love to watch TV series.  We watched all of Lost and right now we are working on Heroes.  If anyone has any great suggestions for other TV series that can be streamed instantly through Netflix let me know.

4. Even though I grew up in Utah, home of the greatest snow on earth.  I've only seen a ski resort a handful of times and have only downhill skiied once.  Jake and I have been X-Country skiing which is really fun.  I'm hoping to get out more this winter.  All Jake wants for Christmas is to see me take a Ski Lesson.

5.  Jake and I are shy people.  Even though I think we are easy to get a long with and can be open once you get to know us, you won't find us being the loud talkers of the bunch.  Sometimes I think people might take this the wrong way too.  I think some may think that we aren't interested, but we just are shy.  It's a stretch for me to go up and introduce myself to someone.  Typically I would wait for them, which I should really start working on.  Because I'm sure I'm missing out on some great relationships out there.

6. If I had extra spending money,  I would rather save it or spend it on something for other people in my family than on myself.  Jake hates this for the fact that I won't even go buy a pair of pants, even though I know I need them, just for the fact that I talk myself out of REALLY needing them.

7. I really don't like the Salt Lake Valley.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVED being close to family and having so many great outdoor things close by.  But both Jake and I agree that we could never live in the Salt Lake Valley (or the majority of Utah).  Too many people, too big of a city.  Living in Rexburg really did change us.  I can see us settling in a smaller town (closer to a fairly big town). All my time growing up, I thought SLC was the bomb.  But no... I could never see myself living there forever.

8. My fingernails grow ridiculously fast.  Joshua inherited my fingernails.  Jake has never cut his fingernails with clippers.  He has a terrible habit and they have never gotten long enough to cut.  We are working on getting him to stop.  But 25+ years in the habit is a hard one to break.

9.  I still feel like I'm 18.  I'm currently teaching dance and it's weird for me to think of some of these girls' teacher.  They are in their senior years of high school and I feel like I should be right there with them.  I love teaching some of my classes for the fact that I get to feel young again.  Then I come home and realize that I'm on my own and all grown up.  I have a baby, bills to pay and a husband.  Crazy how fast time flies!!!

10.  I hate HOT weather.  If I could have the weather outside at 70 degrees and sunny everyday I would be in Heaven.

11. Jake is semi-ambidextrous.  He eats and writes with his left, but does just about everything else with his right.  We are thinking Josh will be a lefty.

12. I love Pre-20th Century movies/shows.  (Pride&Prejudice, Sense&Sensibility, Vanity Fair, The Duchess)  I don't know why.  I've always though that I would have liked to live back then.  Then I remember how many women died during childbirth and what living was like back then and then I remember why I like the time I'm living in now.

13.  I have anxiety when things aren't put in to their place or not cleaned how I would like. Let's just say that Jake and I have different cleaning styles.  So even if Jake cleans something his way, I will most likely go back and do it myself.  Unless I'm too lazy to care.  Maybe a little OCD, but there is nothing wrong with that right.  I just like to have things done a certain way.  Maybe it's the way that I grew up. I get great satisfaction when something is cleaned right and when I've organized something

14.  I loved being pregnant.  I wasn't sick, I wasn't uncomfortable, I was busy with work, and I really enjoyed it.  Sometimes, I actually miss it.  It will be interesting to see how the next ones go.

15.  Joshie loves bath time.  I've probably already said this a million times, but it's one of my favorite things about him.  He will babble, giggle, coo, and splash a ton while in the bath.  I get so much enjoyment out of just watching him in the tub. 


4 comments:

  1. i am exactly the same with cleaning!! it all has it's right place! My husband does try but doesn't always succeed in doing it my way. So either i do it or I let it be cause at least he helped. it was fun learning some new stuff about you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heck! I loved being pregnant too and also miss it! I almost put that on my blog, but I didn't want everyone to think I was weird... Lol. Love learning little things about you Chels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about Rexburg. Before going to Ricks, I never would have thought about living in a small town. But now, I can't stand living in the city!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post!
    #3 Chuck! And you don't have to stream it cause we have all three seasons on DVD... Season 4 just started last night!
    #4 Snowboard instead! Ask me on Thursday why and I'll tell you... ;)
    #10 AMEN!
    #12 me too!! When it gets cold out we should do a P&P day... make some yummy soup, do a craft and bake cookies! (or any movie like that - I have P&P, the long one and the short one, Emma, and S&S)
    #13 same about cleaning... except J thinks I'm micro-managing when I go back and redo things. After almost 5 years, I'm getting better at ignoring it. ;)

    ReplyDelete