I think having some ideas written down will help us get through this summer without too much boredom. Because I don't have kids in school and Jake is busy all year any ways, I'll probably have to make one for the fall/winter/spring too. :)
My reasoning behind doing this, I have found it especially hard to meet new people here because we aren't surrounded by a ton of "student" families in the same situation that have children and are available to play. We haven't met a lot of people in our ward that have children as most of the ward members are older, and all my neighbors work. So I have a hard time finding something for Josh to do on a regular basis. So hopefully we can work through this list. To start it out, here is what we did yesterday. I don't think it'll be a one time thing. He loved it!
| Sidewalk Chalk Paint |
Daily Activites w/kids:
Have a water balloon fight
Have a water balloon fight
Go the lake
at Jensen Grove, make a sandcastle
Go on a
picnic at the park
Make Flubber
Make or paint Bird
Feeders
Read 3X day
Summer Sponge
Bombs
Library –
once a week for new books
Feed the
ducks
Go to
farmer’s market
Glowstick
balloons
Wash Car
Plant
flowers
Freeze
things and dig them out, or similar digging ideas
Bath Paints
Fingerpaint
with pudding
Melt
crayons into shapes
Fun Food:
Make Homemade
pretzels
Make
Homemade Bagels
Make Ice
Cream
Make Sorbet
Popsicles
Homemade
Donuts
Smores
Dutch Oven
Food
Frozen
Grapes on a stick
Family Activities:
Go on a hike
Find a tent
and go camping
Camp in the
Backyard with Josh
Places we could visit:
Blackfoot
Art Center
Blackfoot
Performing Arts Center
Apple Fruit
Farm (Isom’s)
Pocatello
Zoo
Ross Park
Aquatic Center
Bear World
Bowling
Wolverine
canyon – Rock Climbing – Camping
Idaho Falls
Zoo
Art Museum
of Eastern Idaho
Performing
Arts Center in IF
Targhee/Tetons
U-Pick Red
Barn
Free Events:
EIRMC River
Concerts – July 17th Broadway, August 21st Improv
Underground
July 14th
– Scoop Jam “All-You-Can-Eat” Ice Cream Festival –IF
July 21st
– Pioneer Day Celebration – Pocatello - http://www.pioneerdaycelebration.com/
July 30th?
- International Dance Festival – http://www.idahofolkdance.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/2012-Festival-Brochure.pdf
No comments:
Post a Comment