Thursday, July 5, 2012

Settled


Well it's been awhile (about a month, I'd guess) of packing, moving and settling in, but I think I'm just about there.  We found a place here in Blackfoot, a perfect 3 bedroom for the 4 of us and it's working out great so far.  We do miss our life back in Yakima, but we are excited about the adventures that await us here.  We are already enjoying being close to family.  Here are a couple pictures of what the place is like:


Our Living Room



Kitchen/Dining


Joshua's Room

The Fenced Backyard :)

The Fenced Backyard

Garage (I can never go back to not having one now)

Audree's Room (still need to finish bedding and decor)

Our large closet that is half for our clothes and half storage

Before the move, we had a little trip up in Seattle with Jolene's sister.  We picked her up in Seattle and then stayed in Puyallup where Jake would be taking his boards.  While he was testing his sister and I went to the Point Defiance Zoo, which was a lot of fun.  The next day Jake took Josh to the Children's Museum while Jolene, Audree and I went to see Pike's Place Market.  Here are a couple pictures of Josh at the museum.






As an overall family update: Jake started on Monday with orientation at the hospital.  He's nervous, but I think he was looking forward to starting his rotation today. The kids are growing like weeds and I can hardly believe how quickly they both are growing up.  We are having a good time meeting new people and adjusting to new friends. 
Watching Baby Noah together
First bath together

Josh: He is growing up so fast and is more of a boy that a little baby now.  He is slowly growing in his vocabulary and his newest words are "ah-gon" (all gone), "bubbles", "bapple" (apple), "nana" (banana), "bih-bog" (big boy), "cireago" (cereal, sun, and circle), "crackgo" (cracker) and a handful more.  He is still obsessed with trucks, planes, cars, etc.  We live right across the street from where they do CDL training in Blackfoot, so he's able to watch Semi trucks very often.  He loves it!

Audree:  She will soon be four months, she just got blessed (for another post), and she is kicking and moving more and more everyday.  Her newest way to babble is to curl her lips in and then chat that way.  It's stinkin' cute.  She is such a smiler and so social.  She is sleeping pretty good (not nearly as good as with Josh) but we do okay. Her typical night is down at 8:30, up at 11:00ish to eat and right back down, up at 4:30 to eat and right back down, needs a binky to soothe back to sleep at 6:30, then wakes up to eat and up for the day at 8:30.  So I'm usually waking up to feed her 2 times a night, which I guess isn't too bad.  I just need to start motivating myself to get to bed earlier so I can get more sleep.




As for me, just working on settling in the house and adjusting to Blackfoot.  Since getting here I've started getting into a better fitness and eating routine.  I'm trying out Bikini Bootcamp.  You can see how it's going here.

I will give a few new posts soon including individual ones about Audree's blessing and 4th of July. But for now, I've got to attend to my baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment