Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Life as a Mom

These past couple days have been pretty difficult on the motherhood scale.  With trying to overcome Josh's picky eating habits (I'm more inclined to see food resistance habits) and also with trying to get Audree sleep trained, it's been a whirlwind of emotions.  I feel like too many times throughout the day I'm too frustrated, too short and too impatient with my children.  But I think that's just part of the life of being a mom.  Since pondering on my life as a mother and the blessing my children are to me, I try to slow down and remember that this time with them is short so I need to savor it.

Lot's of times on my blog I post about all the happy things that are going on in my life.  Because that's true, there are a lot of great a joyful things that happen all around me, but I think many times it's okay for me to vent a little bit about the emotional challenges of being a mother. 

I came across a friend's blog post the other day who was going through the same thing.  She posted this great quote:

INTERRUPTIONS
"When you are exasperated by interruptions, try to remember that their very frequency may indicate the value of your life. Only people who are full of help and strength are burdened by other persons' needs. The interruptions which we chafe at are the credentials of our indispensability. The greatest condemnation that anybody could incur -and it is a danger to guard against - is to be so independent, so unhelpful, that nobody ever interrupts us, and we are left comfortably alone."
-Anonymous, from The Anglican Digest
So even though my life is FULL of "interruptions" I wouldn't have it any other way.  Even though my day is typically filled with what the kids need and not what I want to do, that's part of my journey and challenge here on earth.  I told Jake the other day that even though having kids is hard, I'm grateful to have them and I know that they were meant to be with me at this time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment