Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Family Update

 These kids are growing up way too fast.  Seems like yesterday that Josh was Audree's size and now look at him! 

Joshua is busy learning letter sounds and many other words.  His newest ones are "Hi", "More" and he signs "tired" when he is ready to go to sleep. What's even funnier is he signs it and then runs to the stairs.  Such a cutie!  He's such a good big brother too (besides taking out Audree's binky), he tries to cuddle with her, comfort her when she's crying and loves to give her hugs, high-fives, "pound-its" and kisses.  I'm so proud of the big boy that he is.  I can hardly believe that he will be 2 here in a couple weeks. 

Audree is growing up so quickly and really is such a good girl.  We've started out growing the newborn stage, so her schedule is a little more predictable, she doesn't fuss to be held as much, and she coos and smiles at us all the time.  I'm still waiting to get it on video, she's stubborn when it comes to that.  Overall, she is doing really well.  She's about 10 pounds now and growing just as she should be.  I noticed yesterday that her thighs are starting to get a little chunk to them.  Love it!!
As for Jake, he's busy with board study and classwork of course.  He's also been fairly busy with his scout calling too.  So, we don't get too much time together.  Two nights ago was the first time in what seemed like awhile where we just sat, ate popcorn and watched a movie together.  No taking care of kids or anything.  It was fabulous!

Our most recent endeavor is looking for a home to rent in Blackfoot, ID.  We've had some leads, but nothing special.  Most things we find are either too small, too expensive or no fenced yard.  We also have recently been thinking a bit more about getting a dog, so if we want that to happen that also makes finding a home to rent a bit more of a challenge.  We still have a couple months though, so hopefully something turns up.  I might be making a trip (me and the kids) here in about 4 weeks if we haven't found anything yet.  Blackfoot doesn't use the internet much to advertise rentals and so we may have more luck going in person.  Hopefully it doesn't have to come to that, but we'll see.

As for me, I pretty well healed from delivery and am feeling great.  I had my 6-week postpartum checkup this week and everything looks great!  Which is really nice.  It feels good to start working out again and most recently I've started up the Couch-to-5K program again.  My goal is to run a 5K when we move to Eastern Idaho this fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment