Sunday, August 1, 2010

Life thus far in WA...

So a lot happened from the time just before we left until now.  I don't know how exactly I'm gonna remember everything that happened or what we did, but I'll try.

Of course before we moved we had a lot of packing to do, but we wanted to make some visits to some family.  Especially some family that we may never see again.


We visited the Hunt's.  They are such an enjoyable couple to visit with.  Jake enjoys listening to Grandpa's wild outdoor adventures.  And grandma is always so interested in our lives.  Leaving this visit was a little tough for me because they are two people I don't know if I'd see again.  The next time I will be seeing them is Christmas.  Because of their age (Grandpa 94 and Grandma 92) it's hard to know how long they will be around.  I was grateful that we were able to get a picture with them and Joshua.  They have always welcomed me as part of their family and treated me as one of their own grandchildren (which I feel I am).


As we packed up the house and made our way to Yakima, WA we stayed one night in Boise, ID.  That night we visited Jake's grandparents, The Jensen's. 



The last picture is of our moving van.  Yeah.... talk about the freakiest picture ever.  You have Michael Jackson in a carriage being driven by Dracula coming out of his castle.  Weirdest UHaul I've ever seen.

Once we arrived to Yakima, we had a lot of unloading and unpacking to do.  Thank goodness my mom came.  She helped out so much with the unpacking, watching the baby and helping me organize the place.  She really is such a life saver and I couldn't imagine life without her.

As far as the apartment goes, we are loving it.  It's actually a 3 bedroom townhome.  We have a front porch, and a back porch area with backyard.  I'm sure Joshua will love this when he gets older.  Two of our neighbors (husbands) are students at PNWU.  One being a 1st year with Jake and the other a 3rd year.  This will help out a lot.  I've been in contact with the wives for many weeks now and I'm grateful for the network we have already set up.  I'm positive this will help out when school starts.

Since being here I just caught a few pictures of Joshua.  He loved his bath and we tried out his new robe.


We also set up his crib.  I really really love this crib.  Thank you mom and Lorin.  This is a gift that will hopefully last through all of our children. Since getting here we've put Joshua in his own room.  He has done well, and I'm fine with it that way too.  I can tell he's a little distracted and freaked out by his new crib and bedding, but I think slowly he'll get better at it and he will get used to it.  He's absolutely loving having a mobile though (watch video below to see how much he's loving it)



We also took a visit to Mt. Rainier National Park.  Jake has a complete obsession with that place and so we HAD to go.  We barely missed out on breakfast (bummer) but we were able to grab some food, go on a short walk to some waterfalls and then head out.  Joshua did great. He loves being outside.



3 comments:

  1. so fun! joshua is getting bigger! I hope you have a fun time in WA..i;m glad you have a blog so i can keep in touch with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsee, you are so awesome. You make moving cross country and being a fantastic wife and mother look easy.

    This life you have fits you like a glove.

    Give the babe a kiss for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I love those last few pictures!

    ReplyDelete