Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Craft Project

So in my very large amounts of free time, my neighbor and fellow classmate wives have tried to spend some time together doing some things that we enjoy (crafts, canning, jam making, baking, park play dates, etc.)  For this time when we got together we decided to do a craft time.  Last week we went to the store and got items for what we wanted to make.  I didn't originally know what I really wanted to make, but I found an example of a calendar like this.  I did change it (made individual magnet letters so i could spell out all of the months, and i will do dry erase for the calendar days instead of additional magnets) It was pretty inexpensive and very cute I think.  I will now never have to buy a calendar ever again.  And the nice part about this calendar is that I can change the background scrapbook paper anytime I want.  So that will end up being a lot of fun to play around with.  Our next get together we plan on making freezer jam.  I got a bunch of blackberries from a house we went to for a BBQ so I think I will plan on making blackberry jam.  I also went to a peach orchard the other day and picked 23lbs of peaches that I will be canning later on this week.  I have never canned before but from what I read, it doesn't sound like it's that hard.  Wish me luck!  I'm sure they will turn out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment