As I said in a previous post I will be doing journal updates of my life. These are things that I have written down in my journal and have typed up to share on here. This is what I wrote last night:
"I had just had an amazing spiritual moment in my life and I have felt the need or the prompting to write it down. Hopefully writing it down will help me remember it, and remind me of the amazing feelings I have felt."
"Over the past several months, maybe even couple of years I know my spiritual alertness and desire has been dwindling. I have no remembered or made enough effort to study scriptures personally or with my husband. I have not been praying individually or enough as a couple with Jake. I have not magnified my callings or made an effort to be involved in my wards. In short, I have not been doing what I should or have been taking care of myself spiritually."
"Recently Jake and I have tried changing this. We are doing better, but still not good enough. So, tonight, we didn't make enough time to read scriptures together, but before Jake left for work he said that our assignment was to both read 2 Nephi 9. I truly know that this was inspired. As I read that chapter tonight I was so impressed. That chapter's meaning never hit me so hard until now. In reading it I was reminded of my laziness and shortcomings and really made me want to be better. It gave me the desire to do better, to be better because of the amazing blessings I can receive someday because of it. I am hopeful that this is a new start for me and the two of us to live more righteously and desire to return to our selfless and loving Father in Heaven."
"After this incredible experience, I got down on my knees and prayed. And for the first time in a long time, I really prayed. I spoke with my Father and just told Him about my life and my feelings. I have missed developing that relationship with Him. I want to make it a priority to do that. In prayer, I realized how blessed my life is. I have been sealed to my best friend and eternal companion. I have a beautiful, healthy son who's spirit is a blessing from God. I have the knowledge of the gospel, an amazing family, and a prosperous life. I am so incredibly blessed and I haven't been thanking Heavenly Father enough for it."
"During this prayer, my testimony of my Father in Heaven grew. He IS my Father. The Father of my spirit and has so much love for me. I think of the love that I have for Joshua as a parent, and He has that same love for me. It's incredible! I really hope this is a new beginning for me. A new outlook on the development of my spiritual life. I hope my testimony grows, I can begin magnifying my callings, and I can grow closer to Jake. I'm excited and anxious for that great change!"
No comments:
Post a Comment