So I've decided that I should probably start using this more as a journal and try to write more everyday. Otherwise I will start forgetting so many things about Joshua's early life, because I didn't record it. So yesterday, I wrote this down in my journal. I would just like to share and start using the blog more as a journal recording system...
"Well many things have occurred in the past 6-7 weeks. It really is incredible. I wish that I would write things down more in my journal. I do have a lot of info on our family blog, but I feel things are more personal when they are handwritten. I think it shows thought and effort." (I will also have a handwritten journal because I loved reading my Grandmothers. Very personal and interesting. Something that I want to have around for my children)
"Well over the past several weeks, I have really begun to learn a lot about Josh, myself and Jake. There are many things that I have found that I love about Joshua too. Too many things to count, but I just wanted to name a few so that I can remember them. "
I love when he falls asleep on my shoulder and laughs and smiles while he dreams. It is something that I could stare at for hours
I love it when he smacks his lips
I love his sweet little fee and how perfect they are
I love when he recognizes my face and his eyes get big
I love the many faces he makes. The whistle face, the deer in the headlights, and the drunken baby
I love his sprawled out sleeping position. It has given me and Jake laughs many times
I love when he sticks his tongue out when he smiles
I love listening to him coo. Especially to me, Jake, his "wall" and his "Safari" friends
Joshua is so filled with happiness and joy. He truly has been an incredible baby thus far and I'm sure he'll continue that way in the future."
Since I last wrote (in my journal), we have had a lot going on. We made a trip to Billings, MT to stay with Jake's parents for a few days. That was great and Josh traveled very well. We've also had multiple family get togethers with both sides of the family. Birthdays, Holidays, Showers, Homecomings, Father's Day are just to name a few."
Jake celebrated his first Father's Day this year and really he couldn't be a better father to Josh. I've been pleasantly surprised by his willingness to help out and be involved. I love him for so many reasons but especially for giving me the gift and opportunity to be a mother. It's amazing how my love for him has grown over the past couple of months. I'm sure it will only continue to grow in the many years we have together ahead."
Joshua received his blessing last Sunday (the 4th) by Jake and it was a really great day. We found a perfect white outfit and his day was so full of happiness. Jake blessed him with health, to grow close to his family, to be worthy of the Spirit and use it as a guide and comforter throughout his life, as well as to build a strong relationship with his Brother, Jesus Christ. Those are a few things that I do remember from his blessing. It was perfect and reminded me of how close Joshua and all children are to the Spirit and their Father in Heaven. I truly believe they have a partially lifted veil and are able to be in close contact with Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ and those others beyond the veil. That is what makes them so sweet and innocent. To say the least it was a beautiful day. We are lucky to be surrounded by such a wonderful, supportive and loving group of families."
During the past few weeks, I also returned to work for 2 weeks. Before returning to work, I did inform them that Jake had been accepted to Medical School. So, when I did return my time was full of not only catching up, but interviewing, choosing and training a replacement. It was hard to leave, but I was so lucky to find that job. It was not a coincidence, but a blessing and part of God's plan for me. I was not only blessed with an amazing working environment and co-workers but excellent benefits that helped out during the pregnancy and delivery of Joshua. I will be forever grateful for that opportunity. They are definitely people I will keep in contact with."
During the past weeks I have also been able to finalize the details of my part-time dance teaching job in Yakima. In speaking with the owner of Melody Lane Performance Academy, Amy has been awesome to work with already. She is very understanding and keeps reminding me that it was not a coincidence that we had been introduced through a friend, Jamie Myers from BYUI. She knows it was guided by the Spirit which is amazing. So when we get up there, classes start in September. I will be teaching 2 nights a week. 4 1/2 hours on Monday and 3 1/2 on Wednesday. And I'm excited to be teaching Pre-Dance, Ballet and Modern. It will be a great opportunity."
The last thing going on in our lives, is of course the upcoming move to WA. We leave here in less than 2 weeks and I'm getting excited. I've been packing up the house. I'm positive we are going to have an excellent time on this new chapter in life. Wish us luck!"
So that's it for my journal writing. Hopefully I can keep up on this so that I don't have to write so much next time. Pictures and videos will come soon. Just needed to get this written out.
loved the update! you guys are such great parents! Children are amazing and teach you the most amazing things!! Can't wait to hear more!
ReplyDelete