Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Family Update

Well I thought it was about time that I gave an update of the happenings of the past 1 1/2 weeks.  It feels like it's been so much longer than that with how much we have packed in to it.

Well Jake started school.  The first week went by pretty well and he didn't seem to be too busy.  But we have just started the second week and it has definitely picked up.  I hardly seem him, which is really weird because for the past few months we (all three of us) spent a lot of time together.  While I was on maternity leave, Jake had a slow schedule and of course Joshua was at home growing.  I took this picture on Jake's first day.  As you can tell he was thrilled about my geeky obsession of picture taking on the first day of school. 

So I'm a huge nerd and had to take a picture of Jake on his way to his first day of school. He wasn't too happy about it!



His cute Sunday outfit!
 Joshua is also growing up so fast!  He's such a stinking cutie and I can't get over how much I love him.  He has been sleeping about 10 hours through the night which is an amazing blessing.  He is such a smiler and started laughing the other day when I tickled him.  We are working on rolling over.  I hope he doesn't get mobile too fast!  Then my life really has to change.
Duck Towel! "Oowoowooh!"

Drooly Baby

About to eat his hands off!

Cutie! Started sucking his other fingers instead of just his thumb


Hanging out with mom


He talks to these "Safari Friends"
 I also finished decorating the place and figured why not get some pictures up of it.  We are really liking it and I'm looking forward to the fact that we don't have to move for two years.  I hate moving and so I'm glad this place worked out. We have excellent neighbors and are meeting a lot of new people.  Our ward is amazing and we couldn't have asked for more.
Living Room

Piano Area

Jake's Study Room

Crib and Letters (I made them)

Joshie's room!

The new dresser (it only took 4 1/2 hours to put together). Thanks mom!
Once again, we are really enjoying it here.  Things will definitely start picking up for me which will be nice.  I start teaching dance in September, which I'm slightly nervous about, but really excited.  We went out dinner with the owners (The Akins) and they are great.  It was great to get to know them more and it's always such a blessing knowing that you are going to work for such nice people.  She continually reminds me that finding me was not a coincidence and that she is so excited to have someone that is in line with their mission statement and had training at BYU-I.  It will be exciting to start teaching those students and start using my talents to change and inspire people's lives.

2 comments:

  1. Cute dresser! Hope it lasts longer than the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the decorations!! I desperately need to decorate my house more so it has the feeling of "home sweet home"

    ha! I so would have taken a first day of school picture too

    ReplyDelete