Monday, March 25, 2013

XC Ski Trip - February


Back in early February we took the kids out for XC Ski trip at Kelly Canyon.  We’ve been wanting to get the ski attachment for our Chariot system for a while now and I’m glad that we did.  I really enjoyed the time out.  I only wish that we could go more.  Since we’ve gone this first time, either the kids or Jake has been sick or our schedule hasn’t allowed for it.  There isn’t much left of winter, so we’re hoping that we can at least get another couple days in because we had a lot of fun. 

We went from Kelly Canyon Ski Resort up to the warming hut.  We’re thinking it was about 5 miles roundtrip.  We ate a little snack at the hut, where Josh thoroughly enjoyed jumping and running around.  He jumped so much that the chimney to the stove in there would rattle.  It was pretty fun to watch him have so much fun with that.



On our way back down we ran into two dogs that followed us for a while, which both kids of course loved!



For not going for about 4 years, it felt great to get out again.  What a fun way to enjoy a Saturday with the family.  


The kids also really enjoyed it.  Audree fell asleep on the way up to the hut and enjoyed the rest of the way down.  I’m so glad that we have such easy-going and fun-loving kids. 

I only hope that we can enjoy more adventures like this in the future.


















No comments:

Post a Comment