The past couple months for Josh have been full and exciting.
We've been slowly meeting some new friends through the ward and play group.
We
got started with some feeding therapy after I consulted with his
pediatrician and feel that he has some sensory issues going on in his
mouth. We've had three sessions so far and they've been very informative
and helpful. His therapist, Michelle, clicks with him really well and I
think that it will be really good for him. In our initial evaluations
she definitely agreed that he has some sensory issues and also is a
little slow with his mouth motor skills. After trying everything we felt
we could from home, we both felt like this was a next step for us. So
I'm really grateful that we'll have this opportunity to help Josh grow
and expand and hopefully it will help all of us.
Josh
has also grown a lot in his speech. He talks a lot!! Even though a
majority of it is repeating back what I say I'm slowly starting to see
him grow out of that. More recently I've noticed him expanding in his
imagination. He "plays" and talks with his toys. He's added a lot more
emotion to his language. He has expanded his sentences, tying 7,8,9
words together. He asks questions and is great at spying things.
He
still has favorites of cars and trucks, but over the past month or so
he's really found an obsession for trains. His wood train track has
gotten a lot of use and his favorite game to play with it is "I'm gonna
get you." Where he alternates chasing his trains around track as if to
"get" the other train. Super cute to watch!
We
also had a dentist visit, which he did pretty well with. At that
appointment we found out that he has an extra tooth and a geminated
tooth on top. Every time I looked at his teeth I always thought
something was wrong, but no one ever said anything. Too funny!!
We
also got everything set up for Josh's preschool starting next Fall. I
will be doing a Joy School Co-op with 5 other ladies in my
ward/neighborhood. I'm really excited to have a group of ladies to
interact with regularly and I'm also excited for the opportunity it will
give Josh. I think Joy School will be a good change for him as it
focuses more on moral development and life skills than arithmetic. He is
already so smart and advanced in the arithmetic part that I think this
will help round him out. We start in September and it will be 2 days a
week.
As
for everything else with Josh, he's an incredibly happy and energetic
child. He has his issues with sharing, listening and being nice, but I
think that's definitely all with the age. We've already got a good
glimpse of the terrible-threes, but even though he's at a tougher stage
that way, he's also extremely smart and loving. He adores all of his
family members and friends and is concerned about all of us. I'm truly
grateful to be his mom and to learn from him every day.
Our
next goal/adventure potty training... Wish us luck. I hope to dive into
it hard pretty soon. We bought him some Cars underwear the other day,
so we'll see how it goes. :)
Sillies love playing on the bed while we have movie nights in our front room.
We've found a new way to provide entertainment. Board games. This kid goes crazy over board games
Playing at the dentist office.
Playing on the cool boat while at the dentist office.
Loves wearing around our shoes.
Picture of Josh's crazy teeth. On the left of this picture (Josh's right) is the geminated tooth and on the left are his two teeth (one being the extra)
Josh likes playing with the resistance bands and pretends they are fire hoses.
Playing with colored vinegar and baking soda.
Joshua hates it when his friends leave. This is after playing with a neighbor friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment