The kids and I had a really fun time getting daddy surprised for Valentine's. We don't have a ton of money to spend on each other for Valentine's, so I like to do things that are simple and memorable. To keep it a surprise, I let Jake take our Subaru to work that day after he had asked about it. So when it came time pack the kids up in our little Saturn to get 16 balloons, it was quite the adventure. I barely had enough room to see out my passenger side window, but the kids really had fun with it. And what kid doesn't love playing with balloons?! When I got home I finished up the little surprise, just in the time for Jake to come home that afternoon.
Typing this more than a month later reminds me of just how much love I have for Jake and our little family. We don't have much and I'm sure that there are better parents and people out there, but I love what we do have. We have great kids and a nice, simple life. Even though we have our shortcomings, mistakes, and little bickers every now and then I wouldn't change it for the world. I'm so lucky to have what I have and I hope that I can remember that every day.
Here is what I ended up doing for Jake. He also surprised me and Audree with some flowers. What a great day!!
 |
| The passenger seat in our little Saturn |
 |
| The after product |
 |
| Under each balloon were pictures that reminded of just that. |
No comments:
Post a Comment