Saturday, November 19, 2011

To get Josh out of wearing aprons...

Jake told me about a cape that his mom made him when he was younger and that I should make one for Josh for Christmas to avoid him turning into a "girly man" and wearing the apron around the house all day.  You remember from this post right? 

Well as Jake explained it to me, it was a little hard to understand.  So, after some coordination with his mom this is process that we went through...

picture text from Sandy


drawing up of measurements
choosing color scheme
And then we got this...


Josh's reversible Batman/Superman cape with chest piece and belt.    Super fun to make.  Trying to decide if it's something that could be made and sold.  Possibly change color scheme/symbols to different characters (flash, captain america, wonder woman, super why, etc.)  Hmmm... I'll have to think about that possibility.

Side note:  Tried it on Josh, he hated it.  :(  We'll see where it gets by the time Christmas is here.  I can't decide if I should wrap it and wait or just let it lay around.   One thing I know, I'll need to start hiding the apron so he'll stop pulling that down to wear.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that cape!! We all loved it. Hopefully Josh Man will too.

    ReplyDelete