Tuesday, November 15, 2011

sweet joshua dan - eighteen months

I can't believe that this kid is already 18 months old.  It really boggles my mind at how he grew up so quickly and how time just seems to run out the window.  He's growing so quickly and so much of it makes me sad because it was just yesterday that he was my little "baby". 

We had a bittersweet kind of Sunday last week with his first time in nursery.  It was nice not having to watch over him during lessons, but I also kind of missed doing that because that's what I was used to for so long.  I walked past the nursery room to give a check on him and they had put him up to the table to color.  It was so odd seeing my little boy now being such a BIG boy.  Almost brought tears to my eyes watching him grow up before my eyes.  But, he definitely loved nursery which was no surprise to either me or Jake because we were in there for so long before with him when it was our calling.

I feel like I haven't updated anything on what Josh is doing in such a long time and I feel bad, because I hope I can remember what he's up to. 

He can now clearly say:

Mama
Dada
Bye Bye
Pup-Pup (dog)

He likes to jabber, but he's not much of a talker. He can also make the noises for these animals:

Cow (buzzing his bottom lip)
Lion
Sheep
Dog

He can also do these signs:

More
Ball (same as more)
Eat
Drink
Milk (snack is also the same sign for him)
Fish
Bird
Car

He loves to play outside always.  It doesn't matter what time of day or how cold it is, he loves to be out there.


He still loves cars and plays with them often, lining them up in the window, which is too cute to watch.  He tries to line cars up in the windowsill everywhere that we go, which can be a hard thing because he tries to line them up, but gets mad because there is no where to put them.

He loves his friends and is a very social kid.  He gets excited to have others come over and play.  He is a little show off for our visitors and definitely isn't shy about taking other people's food. 

He loves music and singing.  His favorite song is Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree.  He follows the actions well.  I'm sure that this is his favorite part in nursery.

He loves to play chase and is still such a rough house.  It'll be interesting having a girl around the house to see if she'll play like he did.  He loves to wrestle and get thrown around.  Too fun to watch him and daddy together. 

Even though he's fairly tolerant of things, I've noticed that lately he's a bit more sensitive.  He likes to cuddle more and give hugs and knows how to give kisses (which is so fun!).  But if he's hurt (physically or emotionally) he'll let you know more often.  Which has been an interesting change to watch in him.

He really isn't too much of a climber (which I'm grateful for), but if he does end up climbing on something (standing on my little file box or his "friendly" dinosaur) he is so proud of himself.  I'm glad it hasn't progressed to getting on the counter and getting in to things.

He holds the phone up to his ear now and starts talking.  It is too funny to watch.

He loves to watch me cook.  I often get him up on the counter with me because it's easier for me to have him watch then to be hanging on my leg while I maneuver around the kitchen. He loves it.  Don't forget that little helpers are the taste testers too and boy did he love it when we made chocolate chip cookies the other day.  :)




Oh and if you couldn't tell by the pictures he LOVES to dress up in my apron.  Jake has issues with this one, which is why I'm planning on making Josh a cape for Christmas.  Get back into being a man-child.  :)




Joshua is such a blessing to have in our home.  Even though many times being a mom is tiring and tests my patience, I couldn't be more happy to have Josh as part of our family or his little sister joining it soon.  He's going to be an excellent big brother and I'm so proud of him already!

Here are some videos as of recent:

Playing in the fort daddy made






Our future little skier ready to hit the slopes with dad






Chatting with mom







No comments:

Post a Comment