Thursday, January 20, 2011

why is it that changing

your blog template, background, colors, etc. is so refreshing?  Every now and then I just need a change and spending time changing things like that is probably not really all that worth it and takes a lot more time than you initially think it would, but it's a good break time; creative time.  So hopefully you enjoy it, because I do.  It's new and I'm usually a fan of new.

Speaking of change.  It was time for a musical change in my life...


Out with the old...

















In with the new...
















 
I was so excited to finally make the decision to purchase a new keyboard.  The old one just wasn't as nice as I wanted it to be.  It's a great keyboard, but 15 years old, bulky and many things missing from it that I needed.  I have a feeling that this change came about because of one of my new year's resolutions to record my music I have written and hopefully this new keyboard will make that happen.  I'm really excited about it!  Great deal off of Craigslist.

 More recent happenings within our family are that Josh's personality is showing through more and more.  He's more stubborn, eccentric and loud.  With his squeals and his shouts he definitely makes himself heard.  Independence is showing more with him.  He loves to hold his own bottle and also grab everything to get to himself.  As you can tell from the following pictures...



















Now mine and Jake's happenings have been on somewhat the busy side.  This semester has been completely different than the first semester and it has definitely taken it's toll on the both of us.  Jake is stressed out of his mind with studying and trying to accommodate 12 classes (45 credits).  And because I haven't seen Jake lately, I've been getting lonely and definitely desiring to have a little break from motherhood.  We knew what we were signing up for and made this decision together.  We will get through it and we will be okay.  Luckily we are surrounded by amazing family and supportive friends.  I'm lucky to have each and every one of them.

Now to add a little lightheartedness to the situation, my dad enjoyed this shirt and got it for Joshua I think before he was even born if I remember right...

Hopefully you enjoy it too!  As my father hopes, Josh will someday be a part of his All-American Dream Ski team!

2 comments:

  1. You are too cute! Good luck with all of the craziness. I know you guys can make it! If you want a break you can come teach junior high for a little while and I'll watch the chunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new look:) I hope your music recording goes well! I think it's great that your investing in that:) Hope this semester goes quickly for you as well! It will be nice when its over I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete