Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cooking Fool...

Since coming here and having so much time on my hands, I've really had a great time trying to cook and experimenting with new things.  I've really enjoyed it.  Everyone once and while I decided I will put a post up of what we have had to eat that day or what my menu is for the week.  Because I always love getting new recipes and I hope other people do too.

So, to start it off...

Tonight we had Beef Stew and Homemade Fluffy Dinner Rolls

Now it was the first time that I had made these dinner rolls and they were AMAZING!! That is a complete understatement too.  In the recipe it says that you need to have a Kitchen Aid mixer, but I don't have one and they worked out great.  Once everything was blended together I just kneaded it for about 5 minutes.  If you are scared to make stuff with yeast thinking that it will take awhile, this is one recipe that doesn't.  From start to finish I did these in 1 hour and 15 minutes including cook time.

I got the recipe off of this website.  She is absolutely amazing.  Browse through her stuff some time.  It's where a lot of my recipes come from.  I don't know her personally, but she has some great recipes.  Plus, if you ever have any questions or anything at all, email her and she'll happily respond.


So the Beef Stew was nothing fancy just a Beef Stew Seasoning packet, vegetables, and meat.  But really it's oh so good.   Here is the recipe that I would do:

1 packet Beef Stew Seasoning
9 cups water
5-6 beef buillion cubes (depending on how much flavor you want
1 1/2 lbs of stew meat (I buy the pre-cut stuff from the store)
3 medium potatoes (chopped)
3 stalks of celery (chopped)
1 small onion (chopped)
15-20 baby carrots (chopped)
1/4 cup flour

Cover the meat with flour.  Put everything into crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.

1 comment:

  1. A most excellent idea!! I know what we're having on Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete