Audree is now 5 months old and I can hardly believe it! She is growing up so fast and just over the past couple weeks has had a lot of milestones.
She now rolls back and forth and is all over the floor when I set her down there now.
She loves pulling on her feet and sticking them in her mouth.
She now pushes up on her arms when we lay her on her belly.
She is SO smiley and is just starting to know her name. She turns her head when you call for her.
We tried rice cereal for the first time yesterday and she actually did pretty good. She kept making this grunting noise as I would bring the spoon to her face. It was quite funny!
I recently switched her over to formula, and I'm thinking that she is going to start chunking up pretty quickly. To make a long story about nursing short, it was just time. My body wasn't quite keeping up (I would nurse both sides and she'd still be starving - downing a 4 oz bottle minutes later). Since I was always worried about whether she was getting enough it was causing me a lot of anxiety and frustration and I hated feeling frustrated every time that I fed her. Plus, I wanted to be able to get out of the house every now and then and pumping wasn't quite getting enough for her. So, it was time. And I was perfectly okay with it. I was ready. Even though every now and then I miss nursing her and clung on to it for a long time, I'm a lot calmer now and less anxious about feeding her.
Anyways, Audree is really growing up too fast. It's amazing that it's already been 5 months. Here are some recent pictures and videos of her.
That's exactly what happened with Emma. After six months of not making enough milk I decided to be done, and I haven't really missed it either. She never loved nursing because she knew she'd never get full that way .... anyway, thank goodness for formula! I love your updates!
ReplyDeleteI loved catching up on your family. You look beautiful and so do your kids. What a cute idea to have Josh paint a bird house. I'll have to try that with Sydney, i think she would like it. Keep posting!
ReplyDelete