Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree!

It is time for a much needed update! I can't believe I've let it go this long without any sort of update.  But it's funny because it seems like yesterday that I just posted something on here.  It's amazing how quickly time flies, especially when you are busy with holidays, final days before school is out, being a mom, and work. 

Right after Thanksgiving, we went to cut down our Christmas tree with some friends (Robins & Heals) We had  a great time hiking through the woods looking for that "perfect" tree.  We've wanted to cut down a Christmas tree for the past few years, but because of circumstance either haven't been able to or just didn't.  So we've been used to really full trees that you buy from Home Depot or Lowe's.  It was a change finding one in the woods, but we had a great time.  Joshie enjoyed hiking around in his pack, and I know our friends' children were the same way. 






Over the next few days, we decorated the tree.  Joshie has done a great job with not touching it very much.   He's taken off some of the ornaments, throwing them like they are balls, but I've been surprised by his good behavior when it comes to the tree.  It has been fun to watch him get excited and say "Wow" when I turn on the lights every night. 



 
We've also enjoyed our advent calendar.  This is a tradition that I loved having around growing up, and so last year my mom purchased an advent calendar for our little family.  Joshua has loved putting the ornaments on the felt tree and getting the candy every day.  We've also added in reading a scripture about Christ each day.   I know that reading that has definitely invited the Spirit more into our home this Christmas Season. 

I've always loved Christmas and it will be a lot of fun to celebrate at home this year.  It's starting to feel a little weird not being around family, but I'm sure that we will enjoy our time together as a little family a lot.

We've also enjoyed incorporating traditions into the family.  One of which has been making sugar cookies to give out.  Using Jake's mom's recipes, we have made over 180 sugar cookies to distribute among our friends.  It has been a lot of fun making them and even more delicious eating them.  Joshua especially enjoyed it!  







Merry Christmas!  Enjoy the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment