Now I'm being serious when I say that this is the best banana bread in existence! Of course, I may be a little biased because it's my moms recipe, but seriously it's always been a favorite of mine. Perfect texture, perfect flavor, perfectly moist, everything! And I've tried quite a few banana breads in my day.
I also have very fond memories of my mom making this banana bread especially when I needed it most. After days of only being able to eat pudding and popsicles from getting my wisdom teeth out when I was 14, my mom literally saved my life when she made this. It was mushy enough to get in my mouth so I could actually eat some "normal" food and the fact that it's full of chocolate chips that always helps in the goodness factor! Best enjoyed with spread on a warm slice right from the oven. Enjoy!
chocolate chip banana bread
3 ripe bananas
1 1/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup oil (You can also do 1/3 c. oil and 1/3 c. applesauce, for healthier version)
1/2 cup sour cream
2 eggs
Mash bananas, blend all ingredients until smooth, then add:
2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts (I used choc chips instead and usually a little more than a cup)
1 1/4 tsp soda
1 tsp vanilla
Mix until well blended.
You can either make this recipe in one bread loaf pan, two bread loaf pans, or 24 muffin cups. Either grease and flour your pans, use muffin cups of you can use this fancy Pam "Baking" Spray.
It's specifically made for baking and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Everything I bake comes out of every pan no issue.
The cooking time is as follows for each:
Bread loaf pans: 325 degrees, 30-35 minutes or until center is set, check carefully
Muffin tins: 325 degrees, 20-25 minutes or until center is set, check carefully
Take out of pans when finished baking and let cool on cooling racks.

No comments:
Post a Comment