Monday, April 19, 2010

Getting there... 1 more month!

Well we are on the home stretch and I'm so ready for it.  I'm amazed by how exhausted, anxious and ready to be done I am.  With a month left to go everyday things just get harder and harder.  I can't get my shoes on, my feet hurt after standing for 5 minutes, I only fit into about 2 pairs of pants and 6 shirts.  Enough to get through a week, but I get frustrated not being able to fit into anything.  I dream of being able to lay on my stomach and fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes.  As much as I have loved being pregnant, I'm ready.

We went shopping this past weekend for baby stuff.  We looked around for deals on diapers and were able to get 4 boxes for a great deal from Target.  We also got a few things that we still needed (clothes, high chair, etc.) and it's been so fun for me to get the room together.  Also, after the big shower that we had on the 10th we are pretty much set.  I can't wait for our boy to be here.

Jake is excited for him to be here as well.  The other night, I thought it was hilarious, Jake was giving raspberries on my belly and instantly the boy kicked Jake right in the mouth.  It was perfect timing.  We are both anxious to see our little one.  It will be interesting to see Jake around a newborn as he has never really been exposed to one before.  He is scared beyond belief and constantly tells me about how he loves to older ages.  I think he will come to love the younger age.  I always do because of how sweet and little they are.

The other thing that has happened lately is a strengthening of my testimony through this baby.  I know that Heavenly Father hears prayers and answers them.  I am grateful for the priesthood in my home and that Jake honors and holds that priesthood and gives blessings that comfort and strengthen me.  It's amazing how much this child has changed my life and has given me a new perspective on the gospel and how it has blessed and will continue to bless my life.  I'm sure that it will change even more the moment that I see him.  I can't wait.

We want to thank everyone for their support and love during this time for us.  We couldn't have asked for anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment