Sunday, July 27, 2014

12 Memorable Moments: April, May & June

Since I'm so far backed up and it's so difficult to really capture all that has happened over the past few months, I thought it would be best to give a summed up version by picking my top 12 moments.  I wish that I could be better at blogging/journaling, but we all know how difficult it is to really do and get all the details in with our hands full.   But this is better than nothing.  Here they are in chronological order. 

#1: Kids growing up
One of the best things that I've been able to witness over these past few months, is my two older children growing up so fast and fitting into their roles as older siblings.  Audree seemed to grow up overnight and Josh seemed to be older than ever talking so much and acting like such a big boy.  They both ADORE their brother.  They love on him so much and have really done well in including him as part of the family.  I'm so blessed that they are mine. 

#2: Brothers for life
There is some bond that I've already seen form between these two boys.  Some brotherhood that will last for their entire lives.  Josh already talks about Zach being able to play with his toys and them liking the same things.  And to watch Jake as a father in on this bond, is such a joy to watch at the same time. 

#3: Healthy and Well
I stopped back into my Perinatologist's office (Dr. Beauchamp) in April and looking back on this picture I'm reminded of just how truly blessed I am to have Zach here and well.  All of my doctors took such great care of me, that I truly am indebted to their great help, comfort and care.  I look at all the women and families out there who suffer great losses and hardships when it comes to pregnancy, health, infertility or the health of their children and I can't help but feel overwhelmingly grateful and fortunate for how much situation panned out.

#4: Graduation


Seeing Jake graduate with his D.O. degree was really memorable, amazing and emotional for me.  It has been such a long route for us since we decided to go on this career path that getting to this point was super awesome.  During graduation when they called his name and he walked across that stage I couldn't help but cry and think of what an accomplishment this is.  (I'm actually starting to tear up as I'm writing this now).  Medical School is tough business.  There aren't enough words to describe how proud I am of Jake.  For his perseverance, dedication and hard work throughout this process.  I know it hasn't been easy on our family and I know that it has been especially hard on him.  The weight that he carries by trying to be a good husband and father while also putting so much effort towards his career is very heavy.  But in the end he is building a stable and better future for ourselves and our children.  What more can you ask for from a husband and father?

#5 Final Family Time
We really enjoyed living in Idaho.  While it had it's downfalls for Jake's education, it got us closer to our families and for Jake's family especially.  It's the most that they had all been together or seen each other since they all lived in the same house in Alaska.  And for my family, it was so enjoyable to pop down whenever we wanted to visit with them and support each other in our lives.  It is something that I will truly miss.  This picture is from my parent's house.  I love times like this when we were able to relax all together and just be comfortable and enjoy one another's company.  I guess that skype and phone calls will have to suffice for the next few years.

#6: Josh text-versation

One day while Josh was out running errands with Jake, apparently Josh got a hold of Jake's phone and was texting me.  This is what cam out of my first text-versation with Josh.  I couldn't help but laugh and wish I could have seen his reaction on the other side of the phone.  I'm sure he was shaking his arms and jumping up and down seeing all the different pictures pop up on the screen and me sending back pictures of his favorite engine-based items.  Too funny!

#7: Wedding Dresses

(Insert picture of wedding dress shopping) - I'm going to keep this off of here for now, just because I don't want to be the one to accidentally leak a picture of Janell in the dress before the big day.  It is a beautiful dress and beautiful on her.  

Over the past year and half living in Idaho, I got really close to Jake's sister Janell.  I'm really bummed that in just the last few months we lived there, she met The One and we (mostly I) would be missing out on celebrating on her stepping into this next chapter in life (aka wedding planning).  Fortunately, I was around long enough to go wedding dress shopping with Janell, Jolene and Sandy.  It was so fun (and quick, because she found just what she wanted) and such a memorable moment for me.  I've have really grown close to Jake's sisters, felt as they were really my own blood sisters because we've gotten so close.  I'm so happy that we could all share this moment together.  I'm so lucky to have found such a wonderful husband who has such a wonderful family.  It truly has been awesome. 


#8:  Zach's blessing

Being surrounded by all our wonderfully supportive family for Zachary's blessing day was awesome.  It reminds me just how important family is in this life and how blessed I've been to have such a loving and supportive family from both sides.  We had such a great time celebrating and getting in our last goodbyes before the big move.

#9: Idaho Family Time

Since time together will be few and far between while here in Illinois for residency, we tried to get as much time as we could in together as possible while also enjoying our outside time in lovely Idaho.  Cherishing this short simple moments. 

#10: The Big Move

Driving half-way across the country definitely had it's rough spots, but overall I think we as a family did pretty well at it.  The kids spent a good amount of time riding with Daddy in the truck, which helped get in some alone time with myself while Zach slept in the van.  It was definitely a memorable moment for me and our family as it was a huge step in the next BIG chapter in our life.  It's the biggest move we've had thus far in our married life and living in Illinois will be the longest time we'll have lived anywhere.

#11: Hotel Living
Before moving into our house, this was our lovely hotel stay here in Peoria as we were in limbo for a week while Jake started work and we didn't have a house.  I have to say that looking back on it, it wasn't as bad as we anticipated it to be and it's really amazing how quickly children adapt to new sitautions.  Josh still mentions "his hotel" while we drive past there.  He talks about going back there.  Hopefully on our next move and housing situation though, this is something we can avoid.  :)

#12:  Homeownership

On June 27th, we entered the world of home ownership with this beauty.  It really has been a HUGE learning experience, but with only 3 days to look for a home I think we did pretty good.  While there are a handful of things that we missed initially that we now don't like about it, I think it will work great for us.  It has definitely started to feel more like home as we've moved our things in and I'm sure over the years here we will definitely settle in well.  Josh has tagged this his "1-7-1-3 Peoria House".  We've already met a lot of our great neighbors who seem involved and friendly.  We also have a wonderful church family with our ward here.  They've been so inclusive, social, friendly and welcoming.   I couldn't have asked for anything better.  Pictures of the inside to come when we get more settled. 


So there you have it.  My top 12 for months April, May and June.  Hopefully here soon I can get around to catching up on July, but who knows.  




No comments:

Post a Comment