Friday, September 6, 2013

Playing Catch-up: June Week 2 (9th - 15th)

I didn't update a lot of these on my InstaGram, mainly because it was a busy week at our Annual Family Reunion/Vacation and also a rough latter end to the week.  This was the week that I had my miscarriage and so besides that blog post I did there wasn't much else that I updated on.  But we did have a great week!  I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful family who all loves each other unconditionally.  We are all so different, have different lives, careers, etc. but we are all so connected and get along well.  I always enjoy the time that I get with them.

Here are little bits and pieces of how our week went. 

 06.09.2013
Josh's sleeping quarters.  He is such a champion sleeper. 
06.09.2013
Audree's sleeping quarters.  Yes that's a closet, but she did great! Just shut the door and she's got her own little room. :)

06.10.2013
Our view from the balcony.  Let's just say that Josh was in love!! He got to watch construction trucks work every morning. 





06.10.2013
"Fishing" activity put on by Lindsay and Kari.  They got some sweet pool and water prizes!! 

06.10.2013
The HUGE bathtub that these kids loved bathing in.  Later throughout the week, on miscarriage day, these kids really had it stacked against me.  I mean what else could go wrong, right?! Well bathing them that night (the 12th) I turned around for I swear 2 seconds, when I turned back around, Audree has just popped all over in the tub.  Josh was playing with it like a car and driving it around the edges of the tub and then Audree was sucking on a washcloth that had just been in there.  TMI? Well it was nasty and awful, but what else could you do, but laugh?  It was just one of those days.

 06.10.2013
All suited up to go swimming!  These kids LOVED all the water time and family time they got in while on this trip.  

 06.10.2013
Champ sleeper I told you right?! After all the play this kid was tuckered out a lot of the time!

06.11.2013
I was in charge of the Scavenger Hunt activity this year and the kids really enjoyed it!  The littler ones loved running around with all the big kids and Kaylin did an excellent job as the designated reader.  Love watching all these kids grow up and enjoy traditions like we did when we were kids.  

06.11.2013
We also enjoyed lots of bubble time out on the patio. 

06.11.2013
All the girls got out for a much needed relaxation time and pedicures while all the littles took their naps.  It was great to catch up together. 

06.11.2013
My cute little pool beauty wearing her sunhat and eating her favorite snack of Goldfish.  I need to watch this girl through, sometimes she'll end up putting way too many in her mouth, just like this time.  I caught her one time with too many in her mouth to chew so I had to pull the gooey mess out and guess how many I found, 15!  Now you as an adult try to fit 15 Goldfish in your mouth and then chew.  It's a hard task for even a mouth of my size.  :)   Even with the goldfish paste, she's a stinkin' cutie!!



 06.11.2013
We got out to the pool any chance that we could get and these kids never complained.  While on this trip, Josh even got to jumping off the edge of the pool into my arms and then dipping (going all the way under) while holding his breath for a second.  He hated when we would do it, but he could do it and I was so proud.  What a BIG boy!

 06.11.2013
My baby and Grammy sitting by the pool.  Love how much she loves her grandbabies!  

06.11.2013
Joshie didn't make it more than a few minutes after getting back to the condo before falling asleep on the couch.  Poor kid and all that pool and sun time wore him out!!  


06.12.2013
These two couldn't get enough of the elevator. They'd run to it any chance they got and squeal the whole time while riding it!  The little pleasures in life.



06.12.2013
Playing with cousins Adi & Liam. 

06.12.2013
Our family game of Shanghai! It's been so long since we all got together to play this (and it takes FOREVER with this many people), but it was still a lot of fun!  Many of us were passing the time as we waited for our husbands (Kari, Lindsay, and I) to join us later that night.  Fun game and fun memories though.  All attributed to Grandma Hunt!

06.13.2013
Josh made himself cozy on his little tube "bed". :)

06.13.2013
All of the 8 little "monster" grandkids!!

 06.13.2013
The girls! Audree was obviously unhappy about sitting with some of her less-familiar friends!

 06.13.2013
The best shot we could get of just my two littles. Not that easy to get kids with good pictures, right?!

06.13.2013
We finished out some of our evenings with some games of Bocce Ball.  Because of our limited grass space we had to get creative with how to mix it up, which resulted in some funky throws.  It was all super fun for the adults to catch-up and just relax together.  Not something that we get to do very often when we are together for just short get-togethers such as birthday parties or holidays.  That's what I really love about these reunions/vacations.  They provide us all with some bonding time that we don't usually get elsewhere. 

We finished out the trip with a lot more pool time and also a trip to the lake on our last day.  I truly am grateful for the hard working parents who make opportunities like this possible for us each year.  What a great opportunity it is to make memories and be surrounded by support.  I know especially during this week when I experienced my miscarriage, I was really grateful to be surrounded by my family and have their love and support at just the time I needed it.  Both of my sisters had gone through miscarriages and so it was a "join the crowd" moment where we could sympathize and love each other.  So grateful for a big, beautiful family who like I said before truly loves each other unconditionally. 







1 comment:

  1. Fun updates! You are such an amazing mom! You are always doing something fun with them, even if its simple and small!

    ReplyDelete