For any of you who have had a talking toddler, you know that they have many funny sayings or "isms" as I like to call them. Here are a few exchanges that we've recently had with Josh:
Driving in the car the other day:
J: "Look at the big truck over there!"
M: "Yeah, that's awesome!"
J: "Sure is!"
Where did he get that?! Sure is? He also says it about if we say that he did something awesome or cool, he'll come back with "Sure did!" So funny!
Also driving in the car the other day:
J: -sneezes-
J: waits a second
J: "Say bless you, mommy"
M: "Bless you"
J: "Thank you, mommy"
M: "You're welcome"
Josh is really in to using his manners about everything lately. I got the comment the other day about how polite of a kid he is. Always saying "thank you" when we're leaving somewhere, blesses other people if they sneeze, and if I tell him "thank you" for doing something he'll respond kindly with a "you're welcome". So fun to see him finally understand how to use each in context, and he uses them all the time.
While leaving Walmart I was waiting in the right turning lane as we had to turn right to get home. While waiting at the light, Josh kept saying "Turn left, turn left, turn left". I told him that we had to turn right and he kept saying, "Turn left, turn left". Then after we turned right he says, "Shoulda turned left" in such a disappointed voice. It was so funny!!
While at the zoo this morning Josh couldn't get over how "so cute" the new baby zebra was. I never talk about things being "so cute", so just to hear him pick up on things and use them in context is hilarious!!
What a fun kid.
it is amazing how they come up with some of the stuff they say! He is a funny kid!
ReplyDelete