Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Big Boy is 2!

My oh my, this little boy has turned two!  I can hardly believe that 2 years have passed.  Seems like yesterday I became a mother for the first time and held this little infant in my arms.





Over the past 2 years I've grown so much as a person and as a mother.  This little boy has blessed my life greatly and I'm so proud to call him my son.  I thank Heavenly Father daily that I was blessed with his little soul and am humbled that Jake and I were the ones chosen to care for his little life.

Over the past year, he has grown so much developmentally and in his personality.

He learned to walk and talk. He grew in his fascination for cars, airplanes, and just about everything else with wheels.

He's the pickiest eater I've ever seen and definitely has a mind of his own when it comes to eating.  He sure doesn't look malnourished :) with those chunky little cheeks and thighs, so I'm not too worried about him.

He loves to give kisses and hugs and really REALLY loves his friends!  He enjoys the outdoors and kills for the chance to get outside any time he can.  He's a daddy's boy who loves to rough and tumble.

Even though in many ways he's reached the "terrible twos", he still fills my heart with so much love and joy.  Watching him grow, understand and learn on a daily basis makes me so proud.

I'm looking forward to the next many, many years (even eternity) where I will be able to call him my baby boy; my sweet son.  He's got my heart strings wrapped around his finger and I truly am a lucky mother.

Thank you Joshua for being who you are, for your kind heart and loving spirit.  You are my angel and I hope I'm the mother that you deserve to have.  Happy Birthday Baby!

Kisses,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment