I realized the other day that all our blog has been about has been either pregnancy, food or Josh and not much about our daily lives. It occurred to me that since I'm using our blog as our little family journal, it might be a good idea to just give an update as to how we are doing in general and what's going on besides pregnancy, food, and Joshua.
Since the holidays passed, it seems like Jake's life is continually busy and full of everything. He is currently trying to balance out his study schedule between his current class load (which is already a lot) with preparation for his Boards. Step 1 Boards for Jake happen this June in Puyallup, WA. He is currently signed up for the COMLEX (D.O./Osteopathic written boards) and is trying to decide if he should go ahead and take the USMLE (M.D./Allopathic written boards) or not. So he is already pretty busy with school and just now is getting busier and more stressed about it.
Jake also recently got a new calling in our ward. He is Assistant Scout Master over the Deacon age (12-13 year old) Boy Scouts. This calling has been surprisingly busy for him and also takes him away for one night a week and for a campout once a month. Every now and then he also has some extra meetings on either Saturdays or Thursdays. So, incredibly enough he is even more busy. We were a little weary as to how he was going to manage his time between his family, school and this calling, but he has done really well with it all. It stands as a testimony to me that the Lord will never give you a calling that you cannot fulfill. It might be challenging and take some sacrifice and time, but you can do it.
So between schooling and personal activities that he likes to do, Jake's evenings are now full every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. Tuesday he does recitations at the school for the first years. Wednesday is scouts. Thursdays are for ward basketball. Every now and then he also takes some time to go play racquetball at the Y, too. I admire him for his balance of time and that he is able to get all of these things done.
As for me, I really lead a pretty boring life lately. I'm a 9 month pregnant mom of a toddler. I stay in my sweats most days and only get out to go grocery shopping or to doctor's appointments. Thrilling, huh? I do try and get Joshua out when I can to see friends and play because that really is something he loves most. My calling as Compassionate Service Leader has been pretty slow and I also got an assistant to help me out during the time when the baby comes. So, that shouldn't be too crazy for me.
For other things, Jake and I found out in January that we will be moving to Blackfoot, ID this June after Jake takes his boards. He will be completing years 3 & 4 of medical school there with his clinical rotations. We are really thrilled to be living closer to family and friends. It is pretty bittersweet though leaving everyone that we know here. We have been welcomed into a great ward and have made some good friends. We are also surrounded by great friends and neighbors and will be really sad to leave everyone. We are sort of looking for housing right now, but that will pick up I'm sure near the end of March beginning of April. We are hoping to get into a 4 bedroom house with a garage and backyard.
So, overall it's pretty crazy and busy, but we do have a sweet and awesome life here. I truly am loving being a mother to my child (children) and a wife to my sweet husband. Wish us luck as life begins these new chapters of being a mother of two and moving to new home.
No comments:
Post a Comment