Saturday, December 11, 2010

Wow... Can anyone say slacker?

I should have been updating this regularly over the past few weeks, but you know when you get busy and you have the excuse that "you just don't have time"?  Well because I "didn't have time" aka "lazy" now I have to take just the same amount of time, or maybe even more to update the blog all at once.  Well, let's get this done, shall we?

What I've been up to (in no particular order): Working, Crocheting, Taking care of Joshua, Making baby food, getting ready for the holidays.

Work:  As most of you know, I'm teaching dance 2 nights a week up here.  Not for the money really, but mostly to just get out of the house.  Parts of me have enjoyed it and parts of me have had a hard time with it.  Over the past few weeks I have been busy preparing my dance classes for the Winter Showcase, which is on the 18th.  That takes up some of my time, but luckily I got my dances choreographed and taught pretty quickly so now I don't have to worry about them.  But I still have to work.  Monday and Wednesday of this week and then most of the day Saturday for the showcase.  Then a BREAK!!! Yay!!

Crocheting:  I have been helping out my back-door neighbor (Laura) the past few weeks.  She is also helping one of her friends (RaKae) who has this etsy shop.  Over the past year, RaKae really has made a name for herself on Etsy and has become really busy.  And of course, when you are selling ear warmer/beanies you would definitely be busy the closer it gets to the holidays.  And she just had a baby on the 6th (?) of this month.  So she has needed some help.  In any case, I've been making a lot of ear warmer headbands over the past couple weeks.  Not only has it kept me busy it gets me a little paycheck too!

Taking care of Joshie: Well Josh has been a growing boy over the past few weeks.  We had his 6 month check up and he is growing exactly how he should.  He's rolling all over the house and just starting to find things he shouldn't (wires, etc.)  Needless to say I've had to keep my eye on him a lot more lately.  We also got him a doorway jumper which he has absolutely loved!  It took him a few times to get it, but he's now there.  You could leave him in there for hours and he would keep playing.  Love it!!! I will do some more updates with pictures and videos of the little man!  He really is getting so big!!

Making baby food:  Since Josh started eating solids I've been making baby food, which has been one of the best things ever.  On average we can make the same amount of food for 1/4 of the price.  And it's so easy too.  So far I've made, pears, prunes, peas, butternut squash, bananas, avocado, sweet potatoes, applesauce and mango.  It's been great. Yet another thing that gives me something to do and saves me money!!

We have also been enjoying holiday season.  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with just the three of us.  It was nice to start our own traditions and I'm looking forward to the many years that I will have with Jake, Josh and my future children.  In preparation for the holiday break, we have been busy getting/making gifts, getting our Christmas tree (pictures later), tuning up the car, etc. etc.  This Christmas we will be making a 2,000 mile road trip.  We will first be going to Salt Lake City to spend Christmas with my family.  My brother just returned from his mission on Thursday, and so we are really looking forward to seeing him.  After Christmas in SLC, we will head to Billings and spend some time with Jake's family.  It will be good to everyone there too as Jake's sister returned from her mission earlier this year.  From Billings we will be getting back to Yakima just before New Year's because Jake starts school on the 3rd.  So it's going to be a crazy break, but really we are looking forward to it. 

Now for what Jake has been up to:  Study, study.  That's basically it.  It sounds like I see him a lot more than other wives see their husbands, but I still don't see him a lot.  Thank goodness that Joshua is around to keep me company, as well as many of the wives.  I have luckily made a lot of really great friends and have built a great support system here.  But on a good note, we are just about halfway through the first year, which I hear is the worst.  I honestly can't believe that it has already been 5 months.  Crazy how time goes by so quickly.

Well as I said before, I will be putting posts up later of pictures and videos.  Hopefully that didn't bore you too much!! Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment