Friday, January 1, 2010

Baby Boy!

     My 20 week ultrasound was yesterday and we were so excited to get to the appointment. We've been antsy for a couple of weeks now because we knew that we would be able to find out what our baby is.

     Well...IT"S A BOY!!! I always get so nervous before I go to doctor's appointments because I'm afraid that something is going to be wrong. I actually couldn't sleep the night before because of it.  This appointment brought a lot of relief though, because we were actually able to see our baby again.  We haven't had an ultrasound for over 10 weeks. After looking at the face, brain, stomach, and getting measurements for everything else he looked perfect. He's growing just fine and the due date can be anywhere from May 19th to May 24th. 
     We have our next appointment in 2 weeks with the doctor, and I'm sure that everything will still be okay.  I'm growing fine and I think I'm starting to gain weight finally too.  So that's good. I'm feeling him kick more and more everyday and I love it. Can't wait for our little baby to be here, when it is healthy and developed enough.

     As far as names go, I'm sure that we are going to have a hard time choosing a boy name.  We had about 4-5 girl names we liked, but have been stuck on boys names.  I think that from now on though, we want to wait to tell everyone what we are thinking until he's born and has a name.  Keep somewhat of a surprise in the mix.
     Anyways, we feel very blessed to have our little family starting.  I think it's definitely starting to set in more that he's on his way. Can't wait!!!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Another boy!

    My husband and I have talked about girls' names forever, and we had a few picked out. So when we found out it was a boy we had to start over. Good thing we have a long time to decide...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys are so much fun:) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete