He can now understand/sign: more, eat, bird, milk, and ball. Most of these he has learned in just the past few days. It's been a lot of fun teaching him and watching him understand. I love being able to speak to him more and now that I see that coming along for him, I'm not as worried with this other baby on the way. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to communicate with Josh as well as I would like when #2 comes our way, but it's looking like things will be just fine.
He is doing really well with his walking. It's rare that I see him crawl around the house anymore. He's into everything and I really think he enjoys exploring.
His new favorite thing is reading books. He will pull books all day and have me read them to him. I think a lot of his communication is coming from me reading books to me. While reading he likes to sign "bird" when he sees them, moo when the cow comes (after I moo first), and growl when we see the lion (after I growl first). He seriously could read books all day and I'm not lying.
He's fascinated with babies. Our neighbor's baby, Lyla is continuously interesting to him. He likes pat her and today he gave her big pats on the back while I was burping her. He's going to be a great big brother!!!
He loves wearing hats and wrestling with mom and dad. He's a goof and loves attention. He's a very social baby who goes to just about anyone without a fuss.
I've been very proud of what a good kid he has been. I've truly been blessed by such a happy and healthy child. :)
| While he sits, he crosses his legs like this! :) |
Here are some videos from recently:
He recently started grabbing the wheel to "drive" while we play Mario Kart. Cutest thing ever!
We finally caught the "backwards" crawl on tape. Took us awhile, but I love that he got so good at it. I miss seeing him do this.
He is so cute! He's going to be a great big brother!
ReplyDelete